- To export both a Lightroom Catalog and Smart Previews, please open your catalog in Adobe Lightroom.
- Open the catalog you'd like to send us in Adobe Lightroom
- Then go to "File" in the upper left of Adobe Lightroom
- Once you're in the "File" tab, go down to "Export as Catalog". A window should pop up, and here you can go ahead and name the catalog (we recommend your studio name and the client's name).
- At the bottom of this window, you should see 3 or 4 checkboxes. In the export process within Lightroom Classic CC, make sure that you choose the "Build/Include Smart Previews" and "Include available previews". Leave the Export negative files box unticked.
- This results in the creation of two files in the folder you'll zip and send us: the .lrcat file (the Lightroom Classic CC catalog), and the .lrdata file (the Smart Previews).
- Select the folder that contains your Lightroom Catalog AND Smart Previews, right-click the folder, and select "Compress Items" if you're on a Mac/Apple. If you're using Windows you'd right-click the folder and select "Send to" and then select "Compressed (zipped) folder".
- Take the newly created zipped folder and upload it to the link we provided. Thank you!
How do I create and export a Lightroom Catalog and Smart Previews? Print
Created by: Melissa Genson
Modified on: Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 12:34 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.